Pages

Thursday 2 January 2014

The Home made year....Christmas 2013

Happy New year!! Did you all have a wonderful Christmas?? Are you full to the brim with turkey and mince pies?

How quickly it has flown by, so much preparation and its all over in a flash. But in all honesty I wouldn't change a single thing. I love this time of the year, its hard to choose between this and Halloween, and I enjoy the preparation as much as the day itself.

So needless to say I've made lots of things and rather than waffle on for ages I've put them into a visual collagey feast. So take a break from putting away the decs, grab that last mince pie and cast your eyes over this lot.............



 
Clockwise from left : countdown door hanger for Jacks room, which says Santa's been on the reverse, cupcakes with cinnamon butter cream.
 Flying reindeer applique blanket. Those that follow my facebook page will have seen this in the making.
 
 
 
 
Tulip decoupage card made with a kit by Papermania.
 
 
Cards made with digital stamps from Pink petticoat, and handmade sentiments.
 
 
Handmade Polar Express picture. I love the Polar Express and watch it on Christmas Eve every year, and yes the bell does still ring!
 My special Santa and reindeer that came home with me from Lapland last year.
 
 
Homemade gifts.
 Finnish piparkakut, gingerbread to you and me. We had this in Lapland last year and it was so lovely I knew I had to find a recipe for it, its different to our gingerbread as they use different ingredients and its much more spicy.
 Sweet chilli jam normally I make red pepper relish at Christmas but I'm told its not hot enough so I made this for a change.
 
 
 
Homemade mince pies and homemade apple and cinnamon ice cream. Those who follow me on Instagram will have seen this in its early stages, and I have to say its tastes amazing. Recipe courtesy of the icreamists.
 
 
Felt Christmas trees,
 yarn wreath,
 felt reindeer's, with button noses from nans button jar.
 
 
Jingle bell wreath with ribbon flower.
Close up of card made with digital stamps from pink petticoat.
 
So all that's left to say is have a fantastic new year I hope it brings you all you dream of, and don't forget in between blogposts you can always catch up with me on facebook, twitter, instagram and pinterest by clicking on the links at the top of the page. 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 


 
 
 



No comments: