Pages

Monday 4 November 2013

The Homemade year ; Halloween

So the clocks have gone back and we're all enjoying our extra hour in bed, which can only mean one thing. Yup autumn is here and its Halloween. Time for our Halloween Party!!

As usual there was much to be done and as usual there was much running around at the last minute..lol. At least I didn't have tonsillitis this year though. So without further ado lets have a mooch at the pics....

 
clockwise from left;
 Party bags. Yay I actually managed to remember to photograph them this year! Handmade by myself using my craft programme and some ace printables from gwynn wasson designs. Hop on over to her blog to have a look at the Halloween party on there. Its seriously awesome and puts mine to shame!
Skull shot glasses
Eye ball cupcakes, again made by me. Vanilla and chocolate marble cakes, orange butter icing and a jelly eye ball.
 
 
Boo Sign ; I wish I could take the credit for making this but I bought I from Asda for £1.00 and seriously you can't make it that cheap so you may as well buy it.
Glass pumpkin votive from Waitrose.
 
 
Dual iced witchy cupcakes.
 
 
Jacks beware sign which he bought with his pocket money to help me. bless him.
 
 
Rogues gallery; I intended to do this last year but due to being ill never managed it so I'm pleased I was able to do it this year. This is a wall of Halloweens past, there's pictures of jack in his costumes from each Halloween and pictures of past party guests. I made these myself by printing out some Halloween backgrounds found on google and gluing them to black card. I messed about with the pics a bit to give them an old, dark halloweeny look, printed them out and stuck them onto bright card. I plan to add to it every year.
 
 
Top; Pumpkins of course, and luminaries. I love those they look fab at night when the tea lights are lit.
Bottom left; Tree scene setter from party delights, made an otherwise empty wall look ace.
 
 
Graveyard cup cakes. these again were chocolate and vanilla marble cakes with green butter icing and had such residents as Eileen Dover, Claire Voyant, Uma goner, and Hugo First.
 
 
left; Aaargh there's a monster at the window. We also had one of these in the shower lol.
Right; bat votive.
 
 
 
Now these are as close to selfies as your ever gonna get from me, but I had four Halloween functions to attend this year and yes I know I could have had one costume for all four but wheres to fun in that???
So clockwise from top left; Witches cat for my own party.
Top right; Toil and trouble witches for the school spooktacular with the lovely Stacey.
Bottom right; Sugar skull for my dads party on 2 November which is actually Dia de los muertos (Mexican day of the dead) so it seemed a bit more appropriate and secondly because I'm a little bit obsessed with sugar skulls.
Bottom left; broken dolly
 
but of course no Halloween is complete without the pumpkin king himself.. the one and only jack Skellington.......
 
 
and here he is my very own Jack Skellington, with his ghost dog zero.
 
So what now? Well I'll be enjoying some fire works in our back garden this evening and I've already started to plan for Christmas so I'll be showing you some of the things I always make at Christmas and some new things too.
 
Thanks for stopping by
 Vicky Xxx
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 


No comments: